Saturday, March 8, 2008

I Love Sunflowers

Any one that knows me knows that I love Sunflowers. I had them in my wedding, I have them in my house, and I even have a Sunflower tag on my car. So of course when I found a cake in my Nana's Taste of Home "Best Ever Desserts" magazine that looks like a Sunflower I fell in love with it, and is so simple to make. All that you do to make it is make a two-layer cake and then frosted the top and the sides with chocolate icing. Then on the top placed chocolate chips in large circles, (to make the seeds of the Sunflower) you started using mini-chocolate chips in the middle and then move up to the bigger chocolate chips putting them very closely spaced together, covering the top of the cake. You need to live about 2 inches at the edge for where the Peeps will go that makes the Sunflower pedals. You will just use the Peeps just as the come out of the box and place them around the outside of the cake. So here is some pictures of my Sunflower Cake that I made.








1 comment:

Carrie Cooper said...

We'll you know we must have some of that cake now!!!! he he